It is widely accepted among the online marketing experts that as much as 95% of the visitors to your website will not take any action on their first visit.
That being the case, what’s the best possible (and most cost-efficient) method of bringing back those people who have visited your site once but did not “convert” (sign up, make a purchase, etc.)?
Retargeting (also referred to as “Remarketing”) is a critical way of bringing back an interested user or customer to your website after they have visited it once before. It is the latest “big thing” in online marketing and has created quite a stir among the top digital marketing agencies today. Not surprisingly, some of the largest and most prominent brands across the world have invested huge budgets in retargeting to generate more traffic and generate better conversions (sales).
Have you ever considered investing in retargeting for your business?
If not, then it is time to give this some serious thought if you want to bring back your lost visitors in a very simple and cost effective manner. Here are some very interesting facts about Retargeting/Remarketing.
- 25% of online buyers enjoy receiving behaviorally retargeted ads because they remind them of what they were looking at previously.
- Retargeting can boost ad response up to 400%.
- Retargeted customers are 4x times more likely to convert than new customers.
- Consumer’s reactions to online ads show that 30% are positive, 11% negative and 59% neutral.
- Retargeted ads led to a +1046% increase in branded search.
- Web visitors who have been retargeted with display ads are 70% more likely to convert.
- Websites see a 726% lift in site visitation after 4 weeks of retargeting exposure.
- Nearly 3 out of 5 U.S. online buyers said they notice ads for products they looked up on other sites.
- 72% of online shoppers are likely to abandon their carts before checking out. Without retargeting, only 8% of those customers return to complete their transaction.
- 67% of online advertisers are now using FBX exchange for retargeting.
Bonus Stat: One in five marketers now has a dedicated budget for retargeting. So small businesses who are taking advantage of this incredibly powerful marketing opportunity are dominating their competition!